Onion soup recipe. Vegan.
- 3-4 onions, sliced very thin
- 5 sprigs thyme
- TBSP Olive oil (divided)
- Salt to taste
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cube veggie bouillon with 4 cups of water
or 4 cups veggie broth
- 1-2 cups water to thin
- 1 bay leaf
- hard bread, cut into cubesur list items here
- Peal off onions and slice them thin
- Heat 1 TBSP Olive Oil in the pan, then add onions, thyme and salt. Turn heat down to low and stir frequently until onions are translucent and golden, about 45-60 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir frequently until it’s absorbed, about another 10-15 mins.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, and water, bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and simmer for 20-30 mins
- Remove bay leaf.
- Put some cubes of bread at the bottom of the bowl and spoon soup over top.
The recipe and pictures were shared with Magic Green Kitchen by TriYoga Senior Teacher Santoshi Devi. She treated us with this culinary masterpiece recently when she visited Vienna. Here is the vegan guide to Granada from Santoshi from 2018, when she shared TriYoga in Spain.