Sense of humour is the quality you value at most?
Smoothies and juices will strike your imagination with fantastic combinations. Salads, soups, breakfasts, sushi, desserts, cheezes, drinks, cakes and snacks, bowls, spaghetti, wraps and sauces: there are more than 1500 videos. Many of them are made of only 3 elements.
I’m testing one of these trinity recipes (1) cucumber, (2) onions and (3) sauce.
The sauce is also construed in accordance with this principle of 3 (1) hemp seeds, (2) lemon and (2) mint. MD Vegan adds salt to the cucumber. I replaced the salt with freshly ground pepper, as salt is a highly allergenic element, and we get all the necessary elements directly from the plants.
A videos collection is in English and German .
The salad turned out to be very delicate, an excellent option for a hot summer, because the cucumber consist mainly of water (∼ 90%) . The sauce, even it could look simple, is refreshing and adding light sour taste. This sauce will be a perfect match for any summer fresh salad. By the way, hemp seeds are one of the best sources of proteins and nutrition elements.
If there is no special grater to make circles, use a classical one with large wholes.
Cucumber salad recipe with hemp mint sauce.
- Cucumber – 1 big pc
- Onion – 1 medium pc
- Lemon – 1/2 – 1 pcs
- Hemp seeds peeled – 2 Tbsp
- Ground black pepper
- Salt – 1 Tbsp
- Mint – 2-3 sprigs
- Rinse cucumber, onion, lemon and mint. Peel off onion and chop it finely. Add a salt and massage onion to make the taste softer. Leave it for some time to give juice.
- Grate cucumber in thin circles, toss with ground pepper and let it work.
- Let’s make sauce in the meantime. Peel off lemon and unseen, cut in several pieces. Please lemon, hemp seeds, mint and 1/3 glass water into the blender and mix it well into a nice flowing texture.
- Rinse onion from the salt. Add onion to cucumbers, mix and toss with the sauce.
- You may leave the salad for app 30 minutes so cucumber will be lightly marinated.
- Top with mint leaves for serving.