How to prepare asparagus.
Wash the asparagus, cut 1 -4 cm from a hard and practically tasteless base (the length depends on the asparagus). The top of asparagus is very tender, so peel the lower part of the spear (3/4 length, leaving 1/4 upper part untouched). There are special asparagus peelers, but modern vegetable peeler will cope with the task perfectly too.
Green salad tomato asparagus recipe with spicy sauce.
- Green asparagus – 5- 8 spears
- Green salad – small head
- Tomato cherry – 300 g
- Lemon – 1 pc
- Dates – 2 pcs
- Garlic – 1 -2 cloves
- White and/ or pink freshly ground pepper – 1/2 t sp
- Ginger – 1 – 2 cm of root or 1/2 tsp powder
- Mustard seeds – 2 – 4 pcs.
- Sweet red paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Hot chilli – on the tip of the knife
- Fresh coriander and fresh dill – a few twigs
- Wash all the ingredients. Peel asparagus and cut in app 1 cm pieces, leaving the tops of spears to decorate the salad. You may marinate asparagus pieces in lemon juice for 10 – 15 minutes. Tear into small leaves or cut. Half tomatoes in half. Place salad and tomato in a salad bowl.
- Peel the lemon and remove seeds, cut it in several pieces. Pit the dates and cut them in several parts too. Peel garlic cloves and cut into 2 – 4 pieces. Peel ginger, otherwise the taste may be too hot. Cut the greens into several pieces. Place all sauce ingredients in blender, add a little bit water and mix thoroughly at high speed for 1 to 2 minutes into flowing sauce.
- Place asparagus in the salad bowl. Toss with the sauce and mix.
- Decorate salad on the plates with asparagus tops when serving.
Asparagus solo with béchamel vegan sauce recipe.
- Asparagus (white or green or a mix) – 500 g
- Slice of lemon or 2
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
SAUCE Béchamel Ingredients
- Cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
- Juice of half a lemon
- Dates – 1-2 pcs
- Garlic – 1 clove 1/4 tsp powder
- Onion powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Mix of freshly grounded pepper (pink, white, lemon, black) – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1 cm root or 1/2 tsp powder
- sweet red paprika powder
- Nutmeg grounded
- Mustard seeds
- Celery – 2 – 3 cm stem (optional)
- Water 1/2 cup
- Wash and peel asparagus. There is a special pot to cook asparagus or tie asparagus in a bundle, put it in a scoop in boiling water, so that the top parts of the spears was cooked by the steam above water level. I like a steamer to cook asparagus. Cooking time for green asparagus is 5 – 8 minutes, and 10 minutes for white sort. This time varies from type of asparagus and thickness of spears. To remove the bitterness, you can add a spoonful of vegetable oil and a few slices of lemon into the water.
- Peel ginger and garlic, cut them into several pieces, pit the dates. Place all sauce ingredients in the blender and mix well into the smooth flowing sauce for 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- Place cooked asparagus on the plate and toss with the sauce.
The idea of this Béchamel sauce was inspired by MD Vegan, raw vegan chef from Berlin. He has more than 2000 cooking videos with recipes for any taste and occasion. MD Vegan is cooking delicious, healthy and with a sense of humor.
Baked asparagus recipe.
- Vegetable oil – 1-2 Tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Wash and peel the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus on a baking paper in the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with vegetable oil (if you use coconut, it should be pre-melted), sprinkle with pepper and grated vegan cheese (optional).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 175 ° C in the oven.