Miso soup recipe
- Mugi Miso Paste (or any other type of miso paste you like)– 2 Tbsp
- Brussels sprouts – 5 – 8 sprouts
- Sea veggies (dry) – 2 tbsp
- Silk tofu – 100 g
- Water – 0.6 l – we aim to have 0.5 l of the broth, so 1 Tbsp of miso paste for ¼ l
- Leek – 5 – 7 cm
- Make broth from the Brussels sprouts – add the sprouts to the boiling water in to the pot and then cook the broth over 10 min on the low heat.
- soak sea veggies in the cold water for 10 – 15 minutes (or as per the instruction on the veggies package)
- while the broth is cooking cut the tofu into cubes and leak in fine circles
- when the broth is ready take out the sprouts
- take a cup of the broth into a separate cup for miso paste
- add sea veggies, tofu and leek to the pot with the broth (it is still on low hear)
- add miso paste into the cup with the broth ( see p.5) and stir the paste into the broth to get the homogeneous mass. As miso is fermented it is better to avoid heating / boiling it, so we keep all healthy ingredients in the soup.
- cut the sprouts into halves and add back to the soup pot
- add a broth with miso paste to the soup, shut down the heat, stir the soup, add fine cut parsley on the top of the soup. Leave the soup for a minute or 2 in the pot and then it is ready to serve.